Friday, August 2, 2013

5 Fab Finds

I am changing the name of my weekly blog to "5 Fab Finds". It's catchy, it's quick and I'm fairly certain I can come up with 5 things I love each week.  Here is this week's FIVE... 
1. 
My friends' son turned 12 this week and I made him this little cookie bouquet!
We had gone hiking a few weeks ago and he LOVED the
wafer cookies that my daughter had picked out.
He was really bummed when she ate the last strawberry one!!
So, I told him that I'd buy him some for his bday!
I decided to get a little creative and poked some cake pop sticks in the bottom of 12 cookies,
put 'em in a mason jar...and filled the jar with green easter grass and some colorful hard candies.
Put a bow on it and VOILA! It's a personalized cookie bouquet!!
I'm fairly certain you can put cake pop sticks in anything and make it festive!!
 
 2.
Got a killer deal on towels at Kohl's!
Found these awesome 40"x70" HUGE colorful striped beach towels for $9.99 each
(Regular price was $39.99)
(I also bought six bath towels, a hand towel and a bath rug that were on sale...my entire bill was $88.88 and I saved $185.00!!)
WOW I love it when I save more than I spend!
3.
The only thing better than a thoughtful birthday gift from a friend...
is a thoughtful birthday gift from a friend, 2 months after your bday!!
I LOVE this plastic wine glass with the beautiful University of Oregon logo.
The thing that makes this reallllly special and FAB is that my friend's husband
is a die-hard Oregon State Beaver fan so, I know it pained her a little to buy this!!
I will be drinking my next glass of wine or margarita from this cup!
Perfect for tailgating or camping...
Thanks, Ems!
4.
Love this dress!
I found it at the sidewalk sale downtown at one of my favorite stores.
It caught my eye for several reason:
It's made by Patagonia. It was HALF price. I loved the colors!!
I love the way it feels on, and I love the back of it!
I also love the way the stripes sort of run down diagonally, so it's figure flattering!
Super cute with flip flops or you can dress it up w/high heels.
Might have to wear it to my HS reunion in a few weeks.
$32.50 at Footzone
 
5.
Every cruiser bike needs a bell!
I love this and have been wanting one for my bike for the longest time...
Finally picked one up last night at Art Walk at a darling little store.
As soon as my hubby gets it installed, I'll be buzzing around town...literally!
$10 at Bend Bungalow
 
 
Hope you enjoyed this week's faves! Have a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment