Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Travel Bucket List



I was just perusing one of my favorite blogs...and it was all about the Travel Bucket List. It got me thinking about the places I've been and the places I'd like to go. I don't really think of myself as a world traveler, but it was fun to write down all the places I've been and it made me realize that I have been to quite a few beautiful places and experienced some pretty cool things in my 48 years. I feel blessed to have traveled to 12 of the 50 states and to a few places outside the US. I would love to make it to at least half the states before I die and travel to some other faraway places.

Places I've been...

United States
Portland, OR (born and raised)
Sacramento, CA (lived here during my middle school years)
Vancouver, WA (lived here after college)
Minneapolis, MN (interviewed with Northwest Airlines, late 80's)
Dallas, TX (Gamma Phi Convention, late 80's)
Savannah, GA (Vacation, early 90's)
Miami, FL (en route to Jamaica, 1990)
Maui, HI (Vacation, pre-kids, 1993)
Sun Valley, ID (skied at Bald Mountain, pre kids)
Orcas Island, WA (Family vacation, mid 90's)
Seattle, WA (many times)
Nashville, TN (MOPS Convention, 2004)
San Francisco, CA (many times)
Boise, ID (Duck/Boise State football game, 2010)
Lake Tahoe, CA (several times as a kid, once as an adult, 2011)
Anaheim, CA (Disneyland, 4 times)
Las Vegas, NV (13 times!)
Lake Tahoe, NV (once)
Phoenix, AZ (once or twice)
Scottsdale, AZ (several times)
Tempe, AZ (Spring Training, 2012)

Other
Negril, Jamaica (honeymoon, 1990)
Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Mexico (carnival cruise, 1996)

Want to go...

United States
Montana
Wyoming
Colorado
Utah
New Mexico
Massachusetts
New York
New Jersey
Vermont
Connecticut
Maine
Illinois
Louisiana

Other
London
Costa Rica
Ireland
Italy
France

The 12 States I've been to...

*Washington
*Oregon
*California
Idaho
Nevada
Arizona
Texas
Georgia
Tennessee
Minnesota
Hawaii
Florida

*Lived in these states



No comments:

Post a Comment