Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Project ME.

Recently, I was blessed with a special gift. It didn't cost anything. It didn't come in a small blue box. It didn't come with a money-back guarantee, although even if it had, I wouldn't take it back.

It was the gift of ME time. Five splendid days ALL to myself. To do whatever I please. Of course, I had to tend to the garden and take care of our dog, but other than that, my days were WIDE OPEN! I could do whatever I wanted for 5 glorious days!!

Now, since I am such a "list" girl...I immediately made a list of all the things I wanted to be sure and do while I had the chance! I mean, there's nothing worse than not taking advantage of a special gift. I didn't want to squander my time away and get to the end of the week and say, "Dang! I shoulda, coulda, woulda done that!" Nope, that was not gonna happen to me!


I set about crossing things off my list. I had the best time. I rode my bike as much as I possibly could. I slept as late as I wanted. I read. I journaled. I blogged. I did crosswords. I went to church alone. I took the dog for evening walks. It was absolute heaven. I realized that I enjoy being with myself and that spending time alone is something I really don't do enough of. Reminds me of that 80's Little River Band song, "If there's one thing in my life that's missing, it's the time that I spend alone."
 
I also spent quality time with friends. Enjoying good conversation and even better wine. Not worrying about what chores I had waiting or what time I needed to be home. I was truly living in the moment.
 
It was a great little hiatus from my busy life. It gave me the renewed energy I needed to power through the rest of the summer. It was truly a precious, priceless gift. The gift of ME.

Life. Thank you for this moment. I love it!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment