Sunday, July 28, 2013

Aunt Fab's Favorite Finds Week 2

Okay, I've been a little busy the past week and a half (a trip to Eugene to see Tim McGraw - definitely a fave! and a trip to Portland for a wedding all within a matter of days) but, now I find myself with the house to myself for 5 days. What? So, I finally have time to sit down and post my faves for the week!! :) Here you go...


1.
I don't know what it is about chalkboards, but I love 'em! Maybe because I am a teacher or I grew up with them in the generation before "smartboards"...whatever the reason, I have a hard time passing up a good ol' fashioned chalk and chalkboard...especially one as cute and versatile as this!
It has its own stand and the back side is painted a bright sunny yellow AND it's magnetic!!
I keep it on the bar in my kitchen to write down grocery items or to highlight something on the dinner menu...or just to write down fun sayings!
I found it at a darling local flea market in town...
$12 at Pomegranete French Flea Market
 
2.
OhMyGosh!! Have you tried these yet??
My daughter picked them out the other day while grocery shopping and 
my whole family fell in love with them!
The entire box was gone as soon as it was opened!
They are soooo good - made with healthful ingredients such as brown rice, sweet potatoes and red beans. You just gotta try 'em!
2 for $5 at Safeway
 
3.
Love this saying! Love this shirt!
I found this little gem at a darling boutique downtown.
I had seen it many times before but, it was $26 and I just couldn't see spending
 that kind of money on yet another T-shirt!
Well, the other day I happened to walk by and the sign in the window said:
"All T's $20."
Well, I don't know about you, but twenty bucks is a lot easier to swallow than $26!!
I mean, it's just one bill rather than three!! Right?
So, I marched in and got me this one!
$20 at What Lola Wants
 
4.
Just finished "The Silent Wife" and had this baby waiting on my night stand!
Just started it and it looks like a great summer read!
It's got everything you want in a juicy novel...4 college friends reunite in Jamaica, issues like marriage, illness, infidelity and the power of female friendship are all covered.
I had heard about it on the Today show (recommended by Hoda!) and reserved it right away!
FREE cuz I got it at the library!!
 
5.
"Them Boys" by Brantley Gilbert
I love this song. I first heard it one morning when I was listening to my ipod on my way to work.
(My son, who was away at college, had loaded all the songs on my ipod, so it had a great mix of good old country tunes and it was a great way to stay connected with him!)
As soon as I heard it, I just started tearing up. I loved the lyrics. I hit Repeat and listened to it over and over again. By the time I got to work, I was a total mess!
My favorite line is...
"Them boys don't know one thing about life, treatin' young girls like hearts don't break, treatin' old men like hands don't shake..."
Even though my son didn't fit either of those descriptions, there was something about the song that rang true! And, suddenly, I was missing my boy something fierce!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
And, by the way, Brantley Gilbert is coming to the Oregon State Fair!! Wahooo!
FREE cuz I got the video off YouTube
 
So, there you have it! My faves for the week! Hope you enjoyed them. Leave me a comment below and let me know what your faves are!! Have a good one ~
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. yay! wonderful and exciting picks!
    glad you recommended the triscuits, we were scared to try the new flavors, totally gonna pick them up now! sounds like you are having a beautiful summer. <3 em

    ReplyDelete