Sunday, November 11, 2012

it's all about the cups...

No, this is not a blog on cup sizes or how you can get the most out of your new Victoria Secret push-up bra! It is about my obsession with cups. Coffee cups to be exact.

I love this time of year!! Starbucks brings out their adorable, festive, reindeer & snowmen-laden, little red cups!

Ahhhh...'Tis the Season!
 
I love going through the drive-thru at Starbucks on my way to work but, I especially love it this time of year. I swear, those mochas and chais taste better in the red cup!

The other day, I bought a traveler of peppermint mocha to take to school and share with my co-workers. It just happened to be the first real snow of the season so, it made it all the more special! What I was most excited about was the little red cups that you get when you buy a traveler!! The traveler is the equivalent of (12) 8oz. cups - of ANY of your favorite starbucks drink! So, that is TWELVE adorable little 8 oz. red cups with lids! I was so happy.

Then, the other day when I was at Starbucks, I came across this nifty little cup:

 
Sure, it looks like a regular "to go" Starbucks cup...but, upon closer inspection, you will see that it is not! It costs one dollar. You can use it up to 40 times and it's dishwasher safe! Another bonus, besides just being more eco-conscious and green is that whenever you use it, you get 10 cents off your drink. Pretty cool, ha?

I totally fell in love with it. And decided I was going to start saving the world, one mocha at a time.

The next morning, I grabbed my reusable cup and headed off to work, via the Starbucks drive-through. I soon realized that it was going be a hassle to have them fill it up because they would have to wait 'til I got up to the window to fill it up and I would be holding up the line. So, I decided to forgo my ten cents and just order my drink in a regular cup. When I got to the window, I was sooooo excited when I remembered that the little red cups were back!! But, now I had a dilemma. Do I use my recyclable cup and save ten cents while at the same time, saving the earth? Or do I go for the cute non-recyclable holiday cup? I felt bad for my new white eco cup...but, I decided that I would use it but, only when I actually walk into the store AND once the holiday is over! I mean, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

No comments:

Post a Comment