Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Look Ma! I pooped a comma!!!

Okay, so let me just apologize RIGHT NOW!!! This is a blog about poop....Yep! That's right! So, if you are one of those faint of heart, gag-at-anything, can't stand to even mention the word "poop"....well, then, you better just stop right now...Go ahead, "x"out, buh-bye, you are not going to offend me one little bit.

Still Here? Whew! Good for you. You are my kind of girl! You know that Everyone Poops. You've probably even read that book to your children a time or two, right? You also probably LOVE the Dr. Oz Episode that he dedicated entirely to that very same subject.

Pooping is a fact of life. In fact, it is a very important fact of life...and a daily necessity!! According to Louise Gittleman, author of The Fat Flush, "it reveals telltale signs of what's going on with your body." I adamantly agree with this. I can ALWAYS tell if I'm eating right, taking the right amount of flaxseed, eating enough fiber, drinking too much, you name it, from lookin' at my "you know what"!!!

Dr. Oz says that your poop should be shaped like letters....As, Bs, Cs, you name it...he says any letter is good and as long as it's not periods...you are good. Gittleman says they should be about 2 feet long and have a diameter the size of a half dollar. I don't know about you, I've never gotten out the ruler...but, I'm pretty sure I have yet to see a 2-footer!!!

One day, last December, I was so excited!!! I pooped a candy cane!!! I proudly told my co-worker at the time, who also shared the same poop affinity with me...and she looked at me strangely, and said, "Wow, Margie, it was red and white? You might want to have that checked out!"

I have pooped candy canes, commas, C's, J's, sometimes I can actually spell words with them! Sometimes, I can't help but think to myself, "Dr. Oz would be so proud!!"

I admit, I am a little "poop-obsessed"...and yes, I always check to see what letter of the alphabet I have produced that day....but, all kidding aside, I really do feel that it is the BEST way of telling if you are treating your body right. If you are eating right, exercising and taking supplements, you will know. If you're not, you will definitely know - and believe me, there is a huge difference between the two! Poop is sooooo underrated. You can tell a world of things from it (and yes, sometimes spell words with it!), if you'd just take the time to read it!!

On a sidenote: when I told my 10 year old daughter that I pooped a comma the other day, she very matter-of-factly replied, "Well thank god you didn't poop a colon!" Oh, so funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment