Friday, October 14, 2011

Get Organized!

I love finding ways to make our life easier, more organized and keep small items from overrunning the house!! Recently in an issue of "Working Mother" magazine, I saw a picture of a really cool looking entry way.
So, I tore out the page and kept it in my purse, hoping to be able to recreate it somehow.

We do not have a large entry way and I have always longed for a mudroom, but I thought I could work with what we had, buy a few new items and hopefully transform our messy, unorganized entry into a sleek and useful one.

Here are the items I bought:
  • Bench with 3 shelves underneath, $49 at Fred Meyer
  • Fabric box for underneath, $12 at Fred Meyer
  • Write on wipe off board, $6 at Fred Meyer
  • Write on wipe off calendar, $6 at Fred Meyer
  • Hanging Wall Organizer, $12 ordered online from http://www.wayfair.com/ (includes shipping)
So, for well under $100, I was able to make a very positive, fun change to our house! I love having a calendar right in front of me when we walk out the door, to double check and make sure we aren't forgetting anything. I absolutely love the hanging wall organizer...not only is it cute...but, it is so handy! It has a couple pockets for magazines, coupon books, outgoing mail or library books. It has several photo pockets and it even has a spot to hang invitations or thank you notes.


I love it when I can pull off a home project and not spend a fortune in the process! Yay Me!! Being organized has never felt so good!
Am I a Mess? Not anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment