Sunday, September 18, 2011

Recipe for the perfect girls weekend...

Start with:
8 Gamma Phi Betas (from 1980-somthin')
1 Roll of Caution Tape

Add:
1 case of Coors Lite
1 Batch of homemade bloody mary's

Combine with:
Equal parts laughter, tears and nostalgia

And top it off with:
1 Rockin' 80's playlist

I just returned from a fabulous weekend with 7 of my college, sorority sisters...We had the best time! I have not laughed that hard in a long time!

Here are a few things I learned:

10. A celery stalk & an olive does not constitute lunch!
9. When the bartender refuse to serve you, you will thank him in the morning.
8. Caution tape on a group of 8 gals is funny and cute...sitting alone on a bleacher with caution tape wrapped around you, is just plain creepy...and awkward!
7 AMF. Alcohol Makes Friends. 'Nuff said.
6. There is a cardboard duck missing from the hotel lobby. I know nothing.
5. Asking people if they "are there for the duck game" is a great icebreaker.
4. I have no idea what the Duck Knows, but it's a great slogan.
3. Dancing on the hotel bed with a group of gals, beats dancing at a club any night.
2. Going to bed at 10pm after drinking for 12 hours is a good idea.
and #1 thing I learned this weekend....(drum roll, please...)
1. Time and distance don't stand a chance against the bonds that are created amongst sorority sisters.


Thank you to all my Gamma Phi sista friends for coming out to play this weekend....I enjoyed every minute, it was food for my soul and music to my heart. I can hardly wait for our next adventure!!! Hugs to you all, Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment