Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Thank God for Rear View Mirrors, Right?

Okay, so my car rear view mirror is a friend and a foe! The other day while waiting to pick my daughter up from dance class, I was sitting in the car doing a crossword puzzle. I happened to have my reading glasses on, well, because I can't see a darned thing without them! I made the mistake of looking into my car's rear view mirror...now, us women know that the car is the best place to check for errant eyebrow hairs, chin hairs, lipstick smears and too much rouge application because of the natural light in the car. Well, much to my horror, and because I happened to be wearing my bifocals....I saw something that scared the absolute you-know-what out of me!! There on my left cheek, was a curly, wiry, unruly....black hair sticking out!! My immediate thought was "Oh my God, how long has that been there and who all has seen it?" Geez, what is it about your mid 40's that make strange and random hairs pop EVERYWHERE? As I looked closer in the mirror, I was traumatized by all the imperfections I saw in magnified up-closeness - it was like a train wreck, I couldn't bare to watch, but I couldn't take my eyes off it!! When I got home, I did what any self-respecting girl would do, I plucked that sucker right off my cheek and vowed that I would never, ever wear my glasses and look in that damn rear view mirror at the same time. Some things really are better left unseen...

No comments:

Post a Comment