Thursday, June 30, 2011

I need to take some ginkgo biloba...if I could just remember to!

I am a "list" girl. I swear, I have at the very minimum five TO DO lists going at all times...and, in addition to that, about 3 different calendars of what's going on in my life. I would be lost without my lists. My memory is good...despite the fact that I am getting older and that I have MS. But, if I don't write something down, I'm really likely to just forget it completely! Then, there are those moments of pure and utter brain farts! One time I was at a ski show, I was looking at all the cool stuff, trying it on, and I had a moment of panic! I couldn't find my purse. Since I had been trying things on, I couldn't be sure where I'd left it. The place was packed with people. I ran around frantically for about 5 minutes, then ran up to one of the cashiers and said "I can't find my purse!" He looked at me, then looked down and back at me and said, "Ummm, is that it on your shoulder?" Another time, I came in from recess duty at the school I work at, and was frantically looking for my sunglasses. After several minutes of searching, I asked a co-worker if they'd seen my glasses. She politely replied, "I believe they are on your head." Well, that wasn't as bad as the time I was actually wearing my glasses and searching for them at the same time...Just the other day, I was trying to charge my phone and cursing at it because it would not hold a charge. I continued to ram the silver tab in and out of the phone, getting madder and madder that it would not charge. Finally, my daughter came in the room and said "Uh, mom, it might help if the charger was plugged in." Ahhhhh, senior moments, MS brain farts, too much drinking in college, whatever it may be...I have heard that ginkgo biloba helps with memory problems. Problem is I just keep forgetting to take it! Hell, truth is, I keep forgetting to buy it because it's not on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment