Saturday, October 18, 2014

life's little luxuries

It's true what they say. It's the little things that really matter. I just read one of my favorite blogs by Kristin Armstrong (Mile Markers on the runners world website). It was all about little luxuries and it made me stop and think about what my little luxuries or escapes from the chaos of my life are...

I decided to jot down a few in my journal and ended up filling an entire page (probably could have written much more!) below are a few of my faves...

Bubble baths. Chamomile tea. Fuzzy socks. Firepits. Perusing Goodwill. Cold Chardonnay and crab. Walking in the snow. Monday crosswords. Waking up before the sun. Making lists. Crossing off lists. Crafts. Perusing Pinterest. Taking photos. Pike place in my keurig. Sitting by the fire. Writing letters. Reading blogs. Hiking. Pedis. Bloody Mary's. Tailgating. HGTV. A crisp fall day.

It is actually therapeutic to write down all the things that make you feel content and bring you joy - those little things that make you tick!  Sometimes the most mundane or ordinary things can do just that. When we think about the limitations that some people face wether it is physical or cultural or by their own choice, it really changes our perspective. It makes us stop and realize just how blessed we truly are.

"Enjoy the little things in life, for someday you will look back and 
realize that they were the big things."


What are your little things?

No comments:

Post a Comment