Saturday, April 6, 2013

Here's to a lil' Spring Stay-cation!

What do you do when you have a kid in college (aka: have absolutely no indespensable income) and live in one of the most beautiful places in the country...and it's spring break!? Well, vacation in your own backyard, of course!

This week was one of my favorite spring breaks. We didn't take a tropical vacation in a faraway place, or take our usual drive over to the beautiful Oregon Coast or visit family in Northern California...we stayed home in beautiful Bend Oregon! We didn't have to spend hours in the car or lots of money on a vacation rental or take our doggie to Pet Paradise Doggy Kennel (nope, instead, she got to go on lots of adventures with us!). We just stayed put! And I loved it! (Not sure my pre-teen daughter loved it as much...but, someday I am certain she will look back on it with fond memories!)

We skiied a couple days at Mt. Bachelor, took an amazing hike at world renowned rock climbing area, Smith Rock. I got in a few outdoor evening training runs and a ladies spa night...and took the fam to dinner at our fave local restaurant. I also took in a kayak film festival at the local theater with my son before he headed back to college the next day!

Breath-taking view at Smith Rock
 Kiddos and dog on the trail down


Gorgeous view of Three Sisters from the chair lift at Mt. Bachelor
 (I hiked the one on the left last summer!)
 
Marlee and I ride the chair lift up to Pine Marten



Family dinner at Zydeco...Mmmmm!

It was such a nice week, exploring this area that we are blessed enough to call home. I truly am never as happy anywhere else than I am in my own home, with my own little family. Life is good.

I can't help but think of one of my favorite sayings when I relfect back on my week...

"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."
George Moore
 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment