Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

By now, I hope you have all put away the tree...recovered from that NY's Eve hangover (!) and filed away all the cute photo christmas cards you received in a tidy little album!! Happy Twenty Dozen, 2K 12, 2012...Whatever you wanna call it, it is looking like a great year already!!

I am clearly on my way to my 2012 running goal of running 12 miles a week!! So far, so good!! It's only Wednesday and I've already logged 6.5 miles!! Yahoo!!!

I had a nice solo run yesterday morning....cranked up the tunes and managed to do 17 laps (3.06 miles) around the track ... not bad for my first day back for the new year....and I was sans my amazing running partner!! :)

After I run, I always like to walk atleast two times around the track to cool down. While I was walking, I realized that I am sort of like one of those country singers who stutters when they talk, but sings beautifully. You'd never know it when you listened to him sing, that he even had a stuttering problem. When I run, I do pretty well, don't stumble or fall...I manage to keep myself upright for the most part!! But, when I walk...Oh wow! What a difference....I can hardly walk a straight line and I have a little trouble with the ol' balance. Maybe it's because I just ran 3 miles and my feet are like, "Ummm hello? We'd like you to sit down please and put us up for awhile." I had to laugh as I was walking and thought how funny I must look to the people behind me. They are probably thinking, "Hey lady, it is 630 am...and you've already started drinking?"

This is just another reason why I love RUNNING!! It allows me to forget that I have MS for awhile. It allows me to go farther. I feel stronger than I ever feel at any other time during the day. It is my drug of choice.

Wishing you all a happy and healthful 2012...and hoping you go out and do something that makes you feel ALIVE!!! Because if your not alive, well, then... you are just plain dead!! And that sorta sucks!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your outlook on life,Margie. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete